Wikidata Map November 2017
It has only been 4 months since my last Wikidata map update post, but the difference on the map in these 4 months is much greater than the diff shown in my last post covering 9 months. The whole map is covered with pink (additions to the map). The main areas include Norway, Germany, Malaysia, South Korea, Vietnam and New Zealand to name just a few.
As with previous posts varying sizes of the images generated can be found on Wikimedia Commons along with the diff image:
July to November in numbers
In the last 4 months (roughly speaking):
- ~9.8 million new items have been created, an increase of roughly 30%
- ~400 new properties to describe those items
- ~1.4 million new links to wikimedia project articles (sitelinks)
- ~150 million new statements on items, an increase of 78%, from ~191 million
- Of these statements only ~7 million lack references, leaving ~143 million of the new statements having references.
- This brings the total number of references from ~265 million to ~643 million, with only ~39 million of those referencing back to Wikipedia
All of these numbers were roughly pulled out of graphs by eye. The graphs can be seen below: