At some point last year I started sending a weekly internal digest to the Wikidata Wikibase team with my tech lead hat on.
The emails are internal only but contain lots of links to reading, podcasts and general goings on that could be useful to everyone.
So here is my first Wikidata Wikibase tech lead digest digest!
🧑🤝🧑Wikidata & Wikibase
- A collection of Wikibase specific logstash dashboards were created
- We moves our secondary CI from Travis to Github Actions (ADR)
- We archived WikibaseCodesniffer, choosing to use the upstream mediawiki-codesniffer
- Deployment of the Wikidata Query Service UI was moved to microsites
- wdwb-tech phabricator boards were recreated, funneling towards a prioritized tech backlog.
- We created a team site, which contains a list of all code repositories that we own and interact with as a core part of Wikidata / Wikibase. (git repo)
- Browser tests came up as a hot topic. A deep dive and some central analysis occurred seemingly correlation failures with “memory compaction” on VMs. This is out of our control, so we increased timeouts in some key areas.